Tailor-made point cloud drafting services for companies using reality capture technologies
Civil engineering, architecture, construction, and manufacturing companies are investing in reality capture technologies, but scan to CAD process might be challenging and it may take time to get the result everyone wants and expects. Terra Modus team is ready to handle reality capture projects, when need it:
- Projects with unique requirements – find us as an experienced partner to handle specific point cloud processing needs. Save time to focus on what you do best.
- For less experienced users – when someone needs access to a deeper lake of expertise.
- Workload assurance – in case not enough manpower to convert the cloud into CAD data, we may assist the company with 3D point cloud processing overloads and deliver results which can be trusted and relied on.
2D CAD documentation
Utilizing point cloud as a basis, we can produce 2D documentation: floor plans, sections, and elevations to represent the building or structure being measured. This documentation when derived from rich point cloud data can be both highly accurate and have different levels of detail (LOD), the limitation to both is down to the accuracy that can be achieved within the point cloud itself.
3D BIM modeling
With the advantages of Point Cloud technology and converting these data into 3D models such as BIM, the construction industry has taken a giant leap in the age of digitization. Here, at Terra Modus, we work closely with architects, engineers, and other BIM experts to ensure that all the specifications and the scope of work are agreed from the onset of each specific project. As with any survey data, the specification is all important and must be considered:
- Communication process and data logistics.
- Task definition and initial data set.
- QA/QC procedures and reporting.
- Level of completeness, level of detail (LOD), level of accuracy (LOA).
- Results presentation style and formats (layers and files naming, component libraries, annotation styles, colours, plotting templates and etc.).
- Elements connectivity and drawing topology.
- Delivery terms.